Books have always fascinated a curious mind. They are filled with vital information to appease us at any given time. Especially for a wandering traveler, or just a tourist with family members, it is always a travel book that can guide them to the right location. Hard cover books have been with us for ages. They have been written by reputed writers and translations has always made it easier to reach a larger audience.
The modern age of digital revolution along with its many social networking websites has seen a significant reduction in the sale of guide books. E-books have become more popular since they are much easier to access along with its media content. Travel specific websites have most information online as well that can easily be viewed in a matter of seconds.
However, there are a lot of advantages as well as disadvantages of using a travel book in the old way. Let us view some of them as mentioned below.
Advantages of Travel Books:
- All of the information that you read from a travel book have been written and verified by professional travelers or individuals who are specialized in that area of study. This makes it an assured resource for an avid traveler to any destination in the world.
- The desired information about a particular location can be found in a single book along with the required photographs which makes it easier to access the required destination. Furthermore, this information does not need batteries or internet access in remote areas and is available to you with a flick of a few pages.
- E-book variants are also available which is a lightweight option and does not add much weight to your luggage. You can also search an e-Book with keywords to find the required information much faster than a conventional travel book.
Disadvantages of Travel Books:
- One of the common issues with most travel books is the fact that they all contain the same information about a particular location. So anyone using a similar travel book will be visiting the same places as mentioned.
- The hard copy travel books are quite heavy and can add a significant amount of weight to your luggage as well, which is not welcomed by most tourist and travelers.
- Printed information in a hard copy travel book will only be recent as when it was last reviewed before its publication. This means that there is a chance that all information may not be recent and any new changes to locations will not be updated, which is a common advantage with online travel books.
In the end, it all comes down to individual preferences whether to carry a beautiful travel book with the essential information that can be viewed at any time without the need of internet or battery power. Another alternative with most modern youngsters boil down to the use of online publications and specific travel websites. Make the right decision, before your next trip to enjoy a fabulous vacation.